Tuesday, June 16, 2009

B.E.L.O.N.G

You said i belong to you
And i agree
But the quality of that belonging
Is a question of some importance.
I do not belong to you
Like a purchase
Something ordered and sold
And delivered in a box
To be put up and shown off
To friends and admirers.
I would not belong to you that way
And i know you would not have me so.
I will tell you how i belong to you.
I belong to you like a ring on a finger
A symbol of something eternal.
I belong to you like a heart in a chest
Beating in time to another heart.
I belong to you like a word on the air
Sending love to your ear.
I belong to you like a kiss on your lips
Put there by me, in the hope of more to come.
And most of all i belong to you
Because in where i hold my hopes
I hold the hope that you belong to me.
It is a hope i unfold for you now like a gift.
Belong to me like a ring
And a heart
And a word
And a kiss
And like a hope held close.
I will belong to you like all these things
And also something more
Something we will discover between us
And will belong to us alone
You said i belong to you
And i agree
Tell me you belong to me, too
I wait for your word
And hope for your kiss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joran said...

nice..

June 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home